Chipotle Lime Turkey Burgers
Everything you thought you knew about a grilled turkey burger? Throw it out. Unless you knew how to make this incredible chipotle lime turkey burger, somehow. Then you can keep that.
Chipotle Lime Burger
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce diced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Chipotle Lime Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
Add all of the burger patty ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
Form the mixture into burger patties and place in the fridge for 15 mins to let them firm. (To portion, divide into 4ths; for a more exact portion measurement, divide total mixture weight, not including dish, by 4).
While the burger patties are refrigerating, add all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl (or blender). Blend or stir vigorously until sauce reaches the desired consistency.
Add burger patties to a heated grill. Grill until patties are cooked thoroughly (an internal temperature of 165 degrees).
Serve with a bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sauce, or whatever you love on your burger.
- Nutrition only includes burger patty & sauce
- To make gluten free: Instead of breadcrumbs, use gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour
- To make dairy-free: Use a dairy-free yogurt for the chipotle sauce
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.1g | Protein: 34.1g | Fat: 2.6g