– 4 whole wheat buns – 4 slices slices provolone cheese
– 3/4 cup ketchup – 2 tsp mustard – 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp brown sugar – 1 tbsp paprika
– 1 lb extra lean ground beef – 1 tbsp olive oil – 1 small white onion finely chopped – 1 bell pepper finely chopped – 2 cloves garlic finely chopped – salt & pepper to taste
– Add sauce ingredients to a small bow. Stir well and set aside. – Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper. Saute for about 5 mins. – Add the beef to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook meat completely, until there is no pink.
– Add the sauce to the skillet as well. Stir well. – Reduce the heat to low and put on a lid. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce is thickened. – Open buns and lay on a baking sheet. Add Sloppy Joe mixture to one of the buns. Top with cheese and broil on low until cheese is melted and buns toasted. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
Healthy Turkey Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Healthy 7 Layer Dip