This healthy fiesta ranch dip is your new favorite creamy party dip. You only need 4 ingredients, 3 minutes, and 2 hands to make this dip today!
What is fiesta ranch dip?
Fiesta ranch dip is a creamy, flavorful dip often served with tortilla chips. It's typically made with a combination of ranch, cream cheese, tomatoes, cheese, and various seasonings. It's a great party or game day dip!
Healthy fiesta ranch dip
In an effort to make a more nutritious fiesta ranch dip, there are just a few substitutions to the standard recipe. This fiesta ranch dip still has the ranch seasoning and rotel, but uses plain greek yogurt for the creamy texture instead of cream cheese. You can add as many vegetables and seasonings as you wish, but there are only 4 ingredients in this recipe to keep things easy. All you do is mix everything together and serve! Enjoy this with tortilla chips or vegetables.
What ingredients do I need?
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Plain greek yogurt - This will create the creamy texture for the dip.
- Ro-Tel - The original Ro-Tel is a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles. I use the original flavor, but there are several flavor options, all of which will work for this recipe.
- Sharp cheddar cheese - Most of the cheese will mix into the dip and a bit will be left to sprinkle on top.
- 1 packet ranch seasoning - Ranch seasoning can either be bought in a bottle or in individual packets. It's KEY for the ranch part of this fiesta dip!
What substitutions can I make?
- Greek yogurt – To make this dairy free, choose a plant-based yogurt. For an even creamier texture, you can opt for cream cheese or sour cream.
- Cheese – Adding more cheese will make this better. I like to add sharp cheddar cheese, but adding another favorite or more cheese would only help make this dip cheesier.
- Ranch seasoning – I do NOT recommend changing this ingredient! It is KEY to the awesome flavor of the fiesta dip.
- Ro-Tel - I like using a can of Ro-Tel because it keeps things easy. However, you can use fresh vegetables or another kind of canned tomato and chili combo if you prefer!
What equipment do I need?
The only item you need for this recipe is a large bowl!
How do I store it?
This ranch dip can be made ahead of time or right when you need it! If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge and use between 4-5 days.
What should I put in fiesta ranch dip?
If you’re guessing if you can dip something into this fiesta ranch dip, you probably can (and should!) Here are some of my favorites:
- Tortilla chips
- Toasted bread
- Pita chips
- Bell Peppers
What else should I make for game day?
If you’re wanting more healthy game day recipes, try one of these popular recipes:
What is the recipe?
If you try this recipe and love it, please rate it and me know your thoughts! Get creative with what to dip as well. Happy snacking!
Fiesta Ranch Dip
- large bowl
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 can Ro-Tel drained
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch seasoning or 3 tbsp
- green onions
- In a large bowl, add greek yogurt, rotel, ranch seasoning, and ¾ of the cheese. Mix well.
- Top with additional cheese and green onions.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.