Want to know where to start with Jordo's World recipes? Here's a collection of easy and healthy high-protein and low-carb recipes that taste delicious!
Table of Contents
- High-Protein Breakfast Recipes
- High-Protein Lunch Recipes
- High-Protein Dinner Recipes
- High-Protein Dessert Recipes
- High-Protein Snacks
High-Protein, Low-Carb Meals
While I don't follow or promote any particular diet (other than the one that helps you achieve your goals), a lot of the recipes I create are generally low-carb, high-protein recipes. While I personally appreciate the wonderful things carbohydrates do to sustain my endurance activities, I often find it more challenging to meet my protein goals, which are also vital. When picking recipes, I like to get a lot of protein "bang" for my carbohydrate "buck."
It’s important to give your body nutrients, especially when you’re busy and living an active lifestyle. The best way to keep your body fueled (and avoid the hanger between meals) is to eat nutrient-dense foods!
When making meals or choosing snacks, consider the nutrients they offer. How much protein does the recipe contain? Does the meal contain enough carbs to keep you full?
While I don’t discriminate against any recipes, high-protein, low-carb recipes keep you full for longer, while providing other health benefits such as weight management, muscle building, and prevention of chronic illness.
Low-Carb, High-Protein Recipes
Here is a list of some of my favorite high-protein, low-carb recipes from my website!
Not all of these recipes are both high-protein and low-carb, but most are, and all of them are at least one of those
The recipes are broken down into categories to make browsing easier. Each post contains the recipe, substitutions, nutrition information, and other helpful information.
If you are looking for high-protein, low-carb snack ideas that don't involve cooking, I have those too! Enjoy!
High-Protein Breakfast Recipes
Here's a roundup of my a few of my favorite high-protein, low-carb breakfast breakfast recipes! You can meal prep these recipes so you're ready for a busy morning.
Pancakes, Waffles, & Toast
A staple category of breakfast items, these aren't necessarily what you go to when trying to cut down on carbohydrate intake. Rather than skip these entirely, I make sure I'm including a lot of protein to go along with it.
Here are a few of my favorites in this category:
- Pancake Sausage Bites - This 3-ingredient recipe is perfect for meal prep and busy mornings. This is one of the easiest meal-prep recipes out there!
- Protein French Toast - This is the BEST protein French toast recipe. Perfecting French toast means mastering flavor and texture in a repeatable process: this recipe delivers on all fronts AND gives you 33g of protein while you’re at it.
- Protein Waffles - These protein waffles are made with only 5 ingredients (and no protein powder!) I always double or quadruple the recipe so I can make them for meal prep.
Casseroles & Skillets
I've decided that casseroles might be my favorite type of recipes to develop. A good casserole dish comes together so quickly and is often a great way to give picky eaters a chance to eat foods they might turn down on their own.
Plus, casseroles and skillets are great for meal prep, as they keep well and are easy to scale up. Try a few of my favorite breakfast ideas:
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole - Say good morning to the cheesy hashbrown casserole recipe that is so easy you could accidentally make it!
- Veggie Breakfast Casserole - Need more veggies in your life? What about protein? Start your day with this healthy veggie breakfast casserole.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash - There’s nothing to hash out: this Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is what we’re having for breakfast. I pinky promise it's delicious, easy, & meal-prep friendly, too!
Sometimes I like to snack-ify my meals. Egg bites are perhaps the perfect example of this: bite-sized, cute, but also substantial enough that you don't feel deprived of the nutrients you need. They certainly fit the low-carb bill while also bringing some protein along!
Here's what I've got for egg bites:
- Egg White Everything Bites - These egg white everything bites are everything, but they're also everything. They're high-protein, meal-prep friendly, and taste incredible.
- Cheesy Sausage Egg White Bites - Somebody said you were asking for an easy, four-ingredient recipe for delicious egg white bites with sausage and cheese. If that's the case, then I've got some fantastic news.
- Cheesy Veggie Egg White Bites - Inspired by Starbucks' popular egg white bites, here's my high-protein take on some veggie egg white bites with spinach and roasted red bell peppers (sans the sous vide).
Sandwiches & Wraps
You know what a sandwich is:
- Egg White Grill - For an easy, homemade alternative to Chick-fil-A, check out this Chick-Fil-A Copy Cat Egg White Grill recipe.
- Breakfast Club Sandwich - This is another easy breakfast sandwich, but this one has avocado and bacon (a power coupe if you ask me!)
- Copy Cat Sausage McGriddle - It's like a better, homemade version of McDonald's...
- Healthy Breakfast Wrap - This sweet and savory breakfast wrap sounds weird, but is actually so good I promise.
Oatmeal is great because it's a blank (but nutritious!) slate onto which you can impose all of your favorite tastes. This is another one that isn't particularly low in carbohydrates, but has the potential to deliver a whole bunch of protein to get your day started off right.
Or, let's face it—you can have these at any time of day:
- Healthy Overnight Oats Recipes - I have an entire list of 10+ versions of overnight oats recipes. These all have a great balance of protein and carbs. There's even flavors like Cookies and Cream Overnight Oats and Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats (my two favorites!)
- Easy Protein Oatmeal - If overnight oats aren't your thing, I have a recipe for protein oatmeal where you can use the stovetop or microwave!
- Berries and Cream Protein Oatmeal is one of my favorite flavors
- Triple Chocolate Overnight Oats - This recipe for high-protein triple chocolate overnight oats feels like a dessert. Maybe it is. I don't see a problem.
High-Protein Lunch Recipes
Here's a roundup of my a few of my favorite high-protein, low-carb lunch breakfast recipes! Most of these are perfect for meal prep.
For some reason, I wanted to give chicken it's own spot for lunch options. Chicken is a great fit at pretty much every meal, but it feels especially suited for lunch, which is a versatile meal consumed in many different contexts (such as work or school).
Here are some chicken highlights:
- Healthy Chicken Salad - This 5-minute recipe is perfect for meal prep or when you need a quick, easy lunch recipe!
- The original recipe was so popular I made another version: Healthy Curry Chicken Salad
- Chicken Enchilada Dip - This healthy chicken enchilada dip is the BEST. It's a high-protein, low-carb recipe that is easy, chicken-cheesy, and incredibly tasty!
- Honey Garlic Chicken - This 15-minute recipe is so easy to throw together, and the sweet and tangy goodness will set you up with flavor for days.
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas - Fajitas shouldn't be complicated, and they should be delicious. Don't overcomplicate things: make these cast iron skillet chicken fajitas and embrace the spicy, steamy goodness.
Sandwiches and sandwich-y things:
- California Turkey Club Wrap - Give yourself the gift of avocado and bacon inside this delicious California turkey club wrap! This is the perfect 3 minute lunch recipe (and the ultimate present to yourself).
- Chipotle Lime Turkey Burgers - Make these delicious, flavorful burgers once and enjoy them all week long!
- Healthy Sloppy Joes - With a delicious tangy flavor, these healthy Sloppy Joes are sure to please any crowd—that is, if you don't want to keep it all to yourself! This rich, smoky sandwich melts in your mouth and fits right into a healthy nutrition plan. I call that a win-win!
Salads & Bowls
Another category that seems especially lunch-y to me is the salad, which is of course not limited to lunch!
- Salmon Roll Sushi Bowl - You can spend a lifetime mastering the art of making a sushi roll. When you don't have a whole lifetime to wait, try this quick and ultra-easy salmon roll sushi bowl.
- Panera Green Goddess Salad - One the days where I crave a big salad, I make this recipe! It's nutritious, filling, and more affordable than purchasing at Panera.
- Fish Taco Bowl - This quick and easy Fish Taco Bowl is perfect for when you want to skip the part where it all falls out of the shell.
High-Protein Dinner Recipes
Here's a roundup of my a few of my favorite high-protein, low-carb dinner breakfast recipes! Even the pickiest of eaters will love these recipes!
Casseroles & Bakes
I mentioned already how much I love the casserole. As much as I love it for breakfast, I love it for dinner (and lunchtime benefits from both loves):
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake - This healthy buffalo chicken pasta bake was the most popular recipe of last year. It’s more delicious, more nutritious, and so easy to make!
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas - I pinky promise this delicious and easy recipe is one the entire family will love.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole - This Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole will bring these three starring ingredients to the front of your mind next time someone asks you to “Name a better trio.” I’ll wait.
- Pizza Pasta Casserole - This Pizza Pasta Casserole is high in protein, low in carbs, and a great addition to your weekly meal prep.
- Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps - ”Healthy sesame chicken” doesn’t have to mean “worse sesame chicken.” Try this irresistible at-home sesame chicken recipe with lettuce wraps or rice bowls and you’ll wonder why you’ve had it any other way.
- Turkey Pasta Primavera - Primavera might mean “spring,” but any time’s a good time to try out this incredible ground turkey pasta dish.
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry - Time to face facts: you're a Cashew Chicken Stir Fry person now. This delicious dish delivers on flavor AND fills you up at the same time.
- Green Chili Chicken Skillet Enchiladas - I wanted to call this "deconstructed enchiladas," but it sounded too fancy. Whatever you call them, these green chili chicken skillet enchiladas are going to become a favorite.
- Stuffed Pepper Skillet - This easy Stuffed Pepper Skillet imagines what would happen if a stuffed pepper exploded everywhere. But, you know... in a good and yummy way.
Slow Cooker Recipes
I have plenty of slow cooker recipes that can be used for wraps, bowls, sandwiches, salads, or whenever you need to make a protein in bulk:
- Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Green Chili Chicken
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- Salsa Chicken & Rice
Soups & Chilis
- Sausage Potato Kale Soup - I promise this is way more exciting than it (probably) sounds.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili - Need a go-to turkey chili recipe in your rotation? Of course you do: it's this one. This slow cooker turkey chili is high-protein, easy, and so delicious!
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup - Sometimes a hot bowl of soup is like a hug from a loved one. This creamy sausage tortellini soup is like a hug, a cozy sweater, and a roaring fireplace—and it's ready in 30 minutes.
- Healthy White Chicken Chili - Sure, there are lots of chili recipes out there. But none of them are as magical as this healthy white chicken chili recipe.
- Baked BBQ Chicken Meatballs - Don't let wings, nuggets, and strips have all of the fun: these baked bbq chicken meatballs are fast, fun, and macro friendly!
- Sweet Chili Meatballs - Need some sweet heat in your meal plan? These baked sweet chili meatballs deliver the goods.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs - These buffalo chicken meatballs give you all the zing you'd get from a wing—in a super simple recipe.
High-Protein Dessert Recipes
Here's a roundup of my a few of my favorite high-protein, low-carb dessert recipes! Because I could never sacrifice the sweets....
- Oreo Chocolate Parfait - This oreo chocolate parfait is a high-protein bowl of Oreo chocolate swirly goodness! This healthy recipe uses 4 ingredients & takes 4 minutes to make.
- Lemon Yogurt Parfait - This lemon yogurt parfait is a twist on the oreo chocolate version! It's a high-protein bowl of lemon creme & vanilla swirly goodness!
- Homemade Chocolate Frosty - Good news: you can make a homemade chocolate frosty. Better news: It's high-protein & easy to make. The best news: I'll show you how in this post.
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups - These healthy peanut butter cups are nutritious and taste better than a Reese's! This easy and delicious recipe only requires 4 ingredients.
- Healthy Double Chocolate Mug Cake - This is a dessert recipe where every spoonful is packed with warm, fluffy, perfect bites of chocolatey cake.
- Monster Cookie Protein Bars - You will love these peanut butter protein bars with chocolate chips and M&M's. They are chewy, thick, and taste like cookie dough!
- Healthy Cake Batter Dip - This easy 3-ingredient funfetti recipe only takes 3 minutes to make. It's perfect for dipping fruits and graham crackers!
High-Protein Snack Recipes
Here's a roundup of my a few of my favorite high-protein, low-carb lunch snack recipes! These are perfect for game day or your next pot luck.
- Fiesta Ranch Dip - You only need 4 ingredients, 3 minutes, and 2 hands to make this creamy dip today! It's perfect for a potluck or game day.
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip - Because everyone needs a go-to version of the best party appetizer. It's more delicious, more nutritious, and it only takes 5 ingredients and a crockpot (or microwave).
- Rice Cakes Snacks - Whether you're in the mood for something sweet or savory, these four dressed-up rice cakes have your snack time covered.
- High-Protein, Low-Carb Snacks - An entire list of high-protein, low-carb snack ideas!
Can you lose weight with a high-protein, low-carb diet?
Yes, absolutely, but the macronutrient breakdown of your diet isn't likely going to be a "magic bullet" for weight loss. Each person will need a unique amount of nutrients based on activity level, age, lifestyle, etc. but if your goal is to lose weight, there are safe and healthy ways to do that with a high-protein, low-carb diet.
My recommendation would be to consult with a nutritionist, macro coach, or doctor about how to eat this way in a safe way to lose weight.
What are some good high-protein, low-carb meals?
Because pictures make everything more appealing, below you'll find each category that has the list of the low-carb, high-protein recipes for that meal along with a few pictures to browse.
These are some of the best high-protein, low-carb meals I have on my website! There's a mix of sweet and savory options.
What foods are high in protein and low in carbs?
Here are a few examples of the protein sources you'll find throughout these recipes. The list is not limited to these:
- Egg whites
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Meat sticks